Mini Dance Company (K – 4th grade)
Radiant Dance Company (5th – HS)
Sparkle Dance Company (5th Grade – High School)
Sparkle Dance Company Parent Meeting
Sunday, August 20, 2017
3:00pm at Radiant Dance Studio
Sparkle Radiant Dance Company 2017-2018
The Sparkle Radiant Dance Company works to build dancer confidence, performance and skills by giving them more performance opportunities throughout the season.
Expectations and Attendance
Sparkle company members are required to attend class and rehearsals. Two excused absences will be allowed per semester.
Sapphire (5th Grade – 7th Grade)
- No audition necessary – simply enroll in class & corresponding rehearsal (see below)
- No requirements, but Summer evening classes are recommended for improvement.
Class & Rehearsal Requirements
- One time enrollment fee of $50 (due at the time of enrollment).
- Competition Jazz – Must be enrolled in ballet, leaps & turns, and jazz classes (3 hours total).
- 30 min rehearsal following jazz class.
- Competition Hip Hop – Must be enrolled in weekly hip hop class
- 30 min rehearsal prior to hip hop class.
Class & Rehearsal Fees
|Jazz Competition Tuition|
|Leaps & Turns Class||1||$40/m|
|Hip Hop Competition Tuition|
|Hip Hop Class||1||$48/m|
Dancers may take additional classes:
- 4 classes per week = $140 + $32 rehearsal
- 5+ classes per week = $160 + $32 rehearsal
- Dancers are required to compete in 1 jazz dance and/or 1 hip hop dance (depending on which classes/rehearsals the dancer has enrolled in).
- Sparkle Company will compete at 2 local Kansas City competitions.
Competition Showcase and Spring Show
- Dancers will perform their competition dance in the RDC showcase held in February and the spring show in June 2018.
- A $50 per family, per show fee will be charged to accounts.
- All Sparkle Company dancers will participate in 2 Kansas City area competitions.
- Entry Fees are paid to the competitions that dancers compete at throughout the year. All entry fees will be charged in September and are due by January so dancers can be enrolled for competition.
- Sparkle Company dancers will have a minimum of 2 entry fees of $45-50 each. Maximum of 4 entry fees if dancer participates in both jazz & hip hop.
- Costumes will be $100-$150 for each dance.
- A costume deposit of $100 will be charged to accounts in September and is due paid by October.
- The deposit will be credited back to accounts as costumes are finalized and final costume charges are charged to accounts.
- Costume Fees cover costumes, rhinestones, headpieces and accessories.
- Some accessories may be used in more than one dance, reducing costs for families.
- Some pieces of the costume may be “rented” from the studio for the competition season and must be returned at the end of the season. Dancers will be billed for the full amount of any piece not returned at the end of the season. This will also reduce the cost for families.
Make-up, Hair, Shoes and Jacket
- Dancers are required to purchase the required style of shoes for the competition dance.
- Dancers are required to attended hair and make-up class and purchase company make-up $30-$65.
- Dancers are required to purchase a competition jacket $90.
- Dancers are required to get a spray tan before each show and competition. Spray tans are done at the studio for $12. Double dips are $15. Please tip if possible.