Mini Dance Company (K – 4th grade)
Radiant Dance Company (5th – HS)
Sparkle Dance Company (5th Grade – High School)
Radiant Dance Company 2017-2018
The Radiant Dance Company is an opportunity for serious competitive dancers to continue to develop as performers, working towards excellent technical skills.
Expectations and Attendance
Dancers are expected to have perfect attendance. Sickness and competition are the only excused absences. Family emergencies may be excused as well. Please text Bree if dancer will be absent.
Fall 2017 – Spring 2018 Class Requirements
- Must be enrolled in 5.5 hours of class per week.
- Dancers must attend 1.5 hours of ballet class each week.
- Dancers must attend every class offered (5.5) each week.
- Dancers are required to be available every Saturday or Sunday Aug 2017- May 2018, with the exception of Holiday Breaks. (Some competitions may be on Spring Break or Mother’s Day weekend.)
- Dancers are required to wear class uniforms to all classes. Class uniform options will be available for purchase throughout the summer and at the Open House for the fall 2017 classes.
- Tuition $160 per month
- All dancers in the RDC must compete in 2 competition dances, one being the production and the other being a group.
- RDC will compete at 4 regional competitions
- Dancers in production + two or more group dances may be invited to be in a solo, duo or trio.
- Soloists must be placed in a group of the same style of dance as their solo. For example, a soloist that wishes to compete a contemporary solo must be in a contemporary group dance.
- Dancers must be in production + four or more group dances to be eligible for two or more solos. Please Note – the “four or more” requirement does not include duos/trios.
- If RDC dancers are invited to be in a dance with an outside choreographer, other choreography fees will apply. (Please see audition form.)
- Weekly Rehearsal Schedule TBA after Auditions.
Monthly Rehearsal Cost**
**Solo rehearsal fees are listed below under Solo Information. These rehearsal fees are for groups, duos and trios.
|Production and 1 Dance *required of all RDC dancers||$32/mon|
|Production and 2 dances *this level is required for dancer to be invited for solo, duo, trio||$56/mon|
|Production and 3 dances||$72/mon|
|Production and 4+ dances *this level is required for dancer to be invited to do two or more solos.||$80/mon|
- Solos will be taught by the solo teacher over a (2) three-hour time period during the summer (July-Aug.)
- After receiving your solo teacher, you may set up a time with him/her over the summer.
- Solos must be learned by September 11th.
- Choreography fee payment must be received by solo teacher at the time the choreography is taught.
- Soloists have to option to attend more competitions throughout the year.
- Soloist are able to compete in up to three solos but must be invited by Faculty and must be in 4 or more group dances.
- All Soloists must pay a one-time choreography fee at the time choreography is taught of $150.
- If Soloist is invited to have a solo with an outside choreographer other fees will apply.
|One time choreography fee paid to the instructor for each dance they choreograph.||$150 -$300 one-time fee.|
|Monthly rehearsal cost for 30min per week||$48/mon|
|Monthly rehearsal cost for one hour per week *required for dancers with two solos||$90/mon|
- SOLO COSTUMES WILL BE ON OWN UNLESS YOU MARK ON YOUR FORM TO HAVE THE SOLO TEACHER SELECT A COSTUME FROM THE ANNUAL P&D’s COSTUME SALE.
- YOU MUST HAVE YOUR SOLO COSTUME APPROVED BY YOUR SOLO TEACHER BY DEC 1st 2016!
- PLEASE DO NOT BE OFFENDED IF WE DO NOT APPROVE IT
- TEACHERS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE YOUR SOLO COSTUME
RDC Showcase and Spring Show
- Dancers will perform their competition dance in the RDC showcase held in February and the spring show in June. (Solos only perform in the RDC showcase).
- There is a $50 family show fee for each show.
- Combo classes will perform a class dance in the spring show. Costumes for these dances will be pulled together by each dancer based on description and suggestions of the teacher.
- All RDC members are required to attend convention.
- Convention is a weekend of dance class taught by professional instructors.
- The convention will be in Kansas City and is a weekend event that requires overnight stay in a hotel.
- Convention fees usually cost around $250, depending on the convention.
- The purpose of the convention is to diversify the dancers learning and enhance their overall skills. Dates and times will be announced at a later date.
We have been to the following competitions in the past:
- Hall of fame
- Talent on Parade
- Open Call
- The Edge
Entry Fees are paid to the competitions that dancers compete at throughout the year. All entry fees will be charged in September and are due by January so dancers can be enrolled for competition. RDC dancers are required to attend 4 competitions this year.
Entry Fee Cost per dancer
|Comp 1||Comp 2||Comp 3||Comp 4|
|Group Fees (per dance )||$45-$50||$45-$50||$45-$50||$45-$50|
|Trio Fees (per trio)||$65-$70||$65-$70||$65-$70||$65-$70|
|Duo Fees (per duo)||$65-$70||$65-$70||$65-$70||$65-$70|
|Solo Fees (per solo)||$110||$110||$110||$110|
Studio Prop Fee
A single prop fee of $35 for each RDC dancer will be applied to accounts in September. This allows the studio to provide high quality props for a large variety of dances for the 2017-2018 seasons.
- Costume Fees will be $150-$250 for each dance.
- A costume deposit of $300 will be applied to accounts in July for each RDC dancer. Once all costumes have been finalized, the deposit charge will be credited back to the account and the actual expenses for each costume will be charged to the account.
- Costume Fees cover costumes, rhinestones, headpieces and accessories.
- Some accessories may be used for more than one dance, reducing costs for families.
- Some pieces of the costume may be “rented” from the studio for the competition season and must be returned at the end of the season. Dancers will be billed for the full amount of any piece not returned at the end of the season. This will also reduce the cost for families.
Make-Up, Hair and Shoes
- Dancers are required to purchase the required style of shoes for the competition dance.
- Dancers are required to attended hair and make-up class and purchase company make-up from MAC. $30-$65
- Dancers are required to purchase an RDC competition jacket. $90
- Dancers will not be allowed to have colored hair, piercings in or nail polish on during competitions.
Dancers are required to get a spray tan ($12) before each show and competitions. Double dips are $15. Please Tip if possible.
We will have Radiant Crew again this year! New updates coming soon!