Mini Dance Company (K – 4th grade)
Radiant Dance Company (5th – HS)
Sparkle Dance Company (5th Grade – High School)
Mini Dance Company Parent Meeting
Required for all parents and dancers auditioning for the 2017-2018 Mini Dance Company.
Tuesday, May 16th 2017
6:30pm at Radiant Dance Studio
Mini Radiant Dance Company 2017-2018
The Mini Radiant Dance Company works to build dancer confidence, performance and skills by giving them more performance opportunities throughout the season.
Expectations and Attendance
Minis are required to attend class and rehearsals. Two excused absences will be allowed per semester.
- No auditions – simply enroll in class (see below).
- No requirements, but Summer Evening classes are recommended for improvement.
- You may enroll in class on your own through your online account – be sure to enroll in the Rhinestone Competition Ballet/Jazz Class.
- Must be enrolled in Ballet/Jazz (.75) class on Mondays.
- May enroll in Ballet/Tap (Optional).
|Classes||Hours per week
|Ballet/Tap Class (Optional)||0.75||$60/month|
- Jazz group rehearsals are during the weekly class – there is no additional rehearsal time or fee.
- Dancers are required to compete 1 jazz dance.
Solo Program (Optional)
- Rhinestones can compete with a solo at 2 competitions.
- Solo rehearsals will be held before class or on Sunday.
|Classes||Hours per week
|1 solo||0.5 hours||$20/month|
- Rhinestones will compete at 2 local Kansas City competitions
- Entry fees are paid to the competitions. All entry fees will be charged to accounts in September and are due by January so dancers can be enrolled in competitions.
|Group dance (per dance)||$45-$50||$45-$50|
- Costumes will be $75-125 for each dance.
- A costume deposit of $100 will be charged to accounts in September and is due paid by October.
- The deposit will be credited back to accounts as costumes are finalized and final costume charges are charged to accounts.
- Costume Fees cover costumes, rhinestones, headpieces and accessories.
- Some accessories may be used in more than one dance, reducing costs for families.
- Some pieces of the costume may be “rented” from the studio for the competition season and must be returned at the end of the season. Dancers will be billed for the full amount of any piece not returned at the end of the season. This will also reduce the cost for families.
Make-up, Hair and Shoes
- Dancers are required to purchase the required style of shoes for the competition dance.
- Dancers are required to attend hair and make-up class and purchase company make-up $30-$65.
MDC/RDC Showcase and Spring Show
- Dancers will perform their competition dance in the RDC showcase held in February and the spring show in June 2018. (Solos perform at the MDC/RDC showcase only).
- A $50 per family per show fee will be charged to accounts.