Radiant Dance Studio is currently seeking an additional faculty member.
Studio Mission Statement:
Radiant Dance Studio’s mission is to provide a fun, safe environment for all types of students to learn the art of dance through professional instruction.
Radiant Dance Studio is a growing studio in Topeka, Kansas. Recreational classes in ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, contemporary and leaps/turns technique are offered for ages 3 – high school. The studio is home to the Radiant Dance Company for competition dancers in grades 5 – high school, the Mini Dance Company for competition dancers ages 4 – 4th grade, and the Crystal Dance Company for beginning competition dancers in grades 5 – high school.
Faculty member responsible for teaching a variety of recreational dance classes.
Faculty member must:
- Have a passion for dance and a desire to share that passion with students of all ages
- Demonstrate and clearly communicate correct alignment, technique and choreography to students
- Recognize and clearly communicate corrections and constructive criticism to improve student technique while observing students throughout class
- Be prepared for each class – be familiar with curriculum for that class period, choreography for class combos or dances to be taught, cleaned or rehearsed, and arrive prior to class and be prepared to welcome students and begin class on time
- Choreograph combos, across the floor exercises, and so on, as needed for assigned classes
- Maintain a positive atmosphere during class and rehearsals
- Implement age-appropriate classroom management techniques
- Utilize student teachers to assist in demonstrations and classroom management
- Participate in duties outside of class, including but not limited to: faculty meetings, choreography sessions, costume selection, show dress rehearsals and shows, etc.
- Secure a substitute teacher for any missed classes and communicate in writing in advance the dates, classes to be missed and secured substitutes to the studio owner/director
- Communicate clearly and timely with any questions, suggestions or concerns regarding students, parents or fellow faculty members directly to the studio owner/director in a productive manner to work towards the best atmosphere and growth for all involved
- Be aware that they represent the studio to students, parents and the community even when not teaching class and be cognizant of the image they present when in public or through social media and how it may be associated with the studio
For more information, please contact Bree Stewart firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-817-9199